Do you want free easy to use dog and puppy training information delivered to your in-box each month? SUBSCRIBE here!
Your Smart Dog is SDU’s award-winning monthly newsletter. And it’s FREE! Subscribe below (or click here if you’re having trouble) and it will be automatically delivered to your e-mail in-box on the first Wednesday of each month. You’ll get great ideas, dog training tips, and useful information — all free and automatically. It doesn’t get any easier than that!
Below are the only the featured articles from each month, so there’s a lot that you’re missing if you aren’t a subscriber! Sign-up below for the newsletter to get all the goodies contained in each issue. Don’t miss out! Subscriptions are free!
Email Newsletter Archive
PDF Newsletter Archive
2013 Issues of Your Smart Dog
- September What’s The Difference Between Stay and Wait?
- August When and Why to Add Another Dog to Your Family
- July Avoid Disaster this 4th: Keep Your Dog Safe at Home
- June The 3 Essentials for Your Dog: Teach. Play. Love.
- May Protect Yourself and Your Dog From an Unleashed Dog
- April Soften Your Dog’s Bite
- March Things I Cant Live Without
- January Fetching! Teach Your Dog to Bring You Anything
2012 Issues Of Your Smart Dog
- December Teach Leave It in 7 Easy Steps
- November Are Your Expectations for Your Dog Reasonable?
- October Teach Your Dog to Give Up Stuff (Easy!)
- September Scared Dog to Brave Dog: Must-Have Tools
- August They’ll Grow Out of It Right? Problems You *Can’t* Ignore…
- July What to Expect from Your Veterinarian
- June K9 Nose Work: Your Dog’s Nose Knows
- May Teach Your Dog to Greet Guests Politely
- April Problem Puppies: How to Know if Your Pup’s Headed Down the Wrong Road
- March Easy Dog Training for Busy People
- February Real Life Rewards. How to Get Rid of the Food
- January My Dog Won’t Share! Strategies for Resource Guarding
2011 Issues Of Your Smart Dog
- December Get A Handle on Your Dog’s Barking
- November How Well Does Your Dog Adapt to Changes?
- October How to Train Your Dog When You Don’t Have Time
- August My Three Favorite Dog Products — Things I Can’t Live Without
- July Five Things Your Puppy Needs to Learn NOW
- June K9 Nose Work: Your Dog’s Nose Knows
- May Your Dog’s Amazing Nose
- March Crate Training Isn’t Just for Puppies
- February How A Dog Trainer Wants Her Dogs to Behave
- January Clicker Training People? TAGTeach
2010 Issues Of Your Smart Dog
- December Stuff a Dog Toy Like a Pro
- November No-Training Guide to Surviving the Holidays
- October Hyenas, Belugas, Penguins, Oh My!
- September Your Dog Is as Smart as His Teacher
- August Does Your Dog Ask Questions?
- July New Puppy? Things You Gotta Know!
- June What to Do With A Stubborn Dog
- May Mine! Help for a Selfish Dog
- April The Nose Knows: K9 Nose Work
- March Traveling With Your Dog
- February Why Do We Punish?
- January Barking Mad
2009 Issues Of Your Smart Dog
- December Five Ways to Help Your Dog Listen to You
- November Five Reasons Your Dog Doesn’t Listen
- October My Dog Is A Thief
- September Cool Bathroom Tricks
- August A Doorbell for Your Dog
- July Socialize Your Dog: Why, Where, How & When
- June Bad Dog Strategies
- May Celebrate! AKC Allows Mixed Breed Dogs to Compete
- April Mind Your Ps and Cues
- March When Training (By Itself) Isn’t Enough
- February Nail Trims Made Easy
- JanuaryLearning From Your Dog
- January Extra The Way to A Well Adjusted Christmas Puppy
2008 Issues Of Your Smart Dog
- December Teach Your Dog Give and Take
- November Balanced Training: What Is It? Is It Worth It?
- October Why Does My Dog Do That?
- September The First Five Things to Teach Your Adopted Dog
- August The Three Ds to Get “Real Life” Behavior
- July Leadership 101
- June Give It Up
- May Your Dog, The Accountant
- April The Power of Teaching: Ideas from Clicker Expo
- March Choosing the Right Trainer
- February Housetraining Made Easy
- January Together Time With Your Dog
2007 Issues Of Your Smart Dog
- December Teach More, Scold Less
- November Wait A Minute!
- October I Love My Dog – But He’s Driving Me Crazy!
- September Spot On!
- August Who’s Walking Whom?
- July The Secret to Speedy Training
- June Cool Stuff for Dogs (and their People)
- May The Language of Growls
- April All About Doggie (and Human) Manners
- March Come Here! Part Two: How to Teach It
- February Come Here! Part One: How We Ruin Recalls
- January Dominance – A Four Letter Word
2006 Issues Of Your Smart Dog
- Cheat Sheet #3 – Make the Science Work FOR You
- Cheat Sheet #2 – Powerful Punishment
- Cheat Sheet #1 – The Science of Dog Training
- Teaching (Or Reteaching) Good Habits
- Walking – Good for You, Good for Your Dog
- The Crate is Great!
- Can You Recognize the Signs of Stress in Your Dog?
- The Top Three Things NOT To Say to Your Dog
- The Shape of Things to Come
- Five Skills Every Dog Should Know
- Doggie Self Control
- New Year’s Resulutions from a Dog Trainer