It's taken me years to capture the essence of what I do. But here it is: I live in dog hair. Not by choice, really. If I could hire a live-in housekeeper, I could live relatively dog-hair-free. But I'm a dog trainer. I'm not rich. Ergo, I live with a lot of dog hair.
Until now, it's really embarrased me. I didn't want people to think I was dirty, or unclean. [And I'm not! Ok?!] But my house always has dog hair floating. It just does. And unless I sweep 3x a day, that's the way it's going to be.
So I'm embracing it. The dog hair. 2012 shall be proclamed "The Year of Dog Hair." One of my business goals has been to do a lot more dog training videos. I didn't do many videos last year because the house was always a mess with the dog hair everywhere.
It was like a whole big deal to get a video shoot ready.
- Block the dogs out of the room I wanted to shoot in.
- Wipe down the furniture (we've gone to all leather, as it's super dog-friendly and easy to keep clean) so all the hair on the furniture's now on the floor.
- Move the furniture so there's enough room to train.
- Freak out at all the hair-bunnies under said furniture.
- Sweep the entire room.
- Fill two sweeper-thingies full of dog hair.
- Prep the room for training (props needed, etc.)
- Finally film.
By that time, I was either late for a private client or I was exhausted. Hence, not so many videos from me in 2011.
Stay tuned. You'll see more videos from me in 2012. And a lot of dog hair. Look past it and focus the fantastic training that's going on. ;)