I’m not a chef, but I do like to make yummy dog treats for my dogs!
The easier the dog biscuits are to make, the better the chance that I’ll actually make ’em. Here’s what I like the most about cooking for my dogs: they’ll eat anything! It doesn’t matter what it looks like — or really, what it tastes like — they love everything!
For Schoon’s birthday — the big lug is one already — he got some homemade cheesy dog biscuits.
Handmade by moi! They’re so easy, they’d actually be a great project for the kids to get involved with, too.
Here’s how easy they are.
1/3 cup water
1/3 cup cheddar cheese
1/3 cup applesauce
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup oats
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Combine flour and oats in medium bowl.
- Add water, cheeses, and applesauce to flour mixture.
- Knead the ingredients until thoroughly mixed.
- Turn out onto a floured surface and roll to about 1/4″ thickness.
- Cut biscuits with cookie cutters.
- Place on a cookie sheet with non-stick spray.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until browned.
- Cool and let your dog enjoy a snack!
Do you have a favorite snack to make for your dog? Leave a comment and let us know!