Raise your hand if your dog is a picky eater! Good, this dog treat recipe is for you!
It’s also a recipe for you, if you have:
- the Labrador who’ll eat rocks — and thank you for them — if you put it in his bowl
- the sick dog who doesn’t want to take her pill
- the dog celebrating a birthday or milestone
- the curiosity about a treat made with sardines
This recipe is adapted from the good folks at The Honest Kitchen and it’s loaded with antioxidants.
Try it, your dog will thank you (and clean the bowl)!
There are only a few ingredients (yay!) and it’s super easy to make (no electricity required – double yay!). You can make this up in a hurry and your dog can enjoy it right away.
1 tin of sardines
1/4 c diced green beans (blanched)
1/4 c diced cucumber
1/4 c cottage cheese
- Dump sardines into medium bowl, mash up large pieces with a fork.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well with large spoon.
- Spoon as much as desired* directly onto your dog’s food.
- Serve and watch how quickly it goes!
Refrigerate unused portion and use within a few days.
*Chef’s Notes on Serving Size: I put about 1/4 c of the salad on top of each dogs’ food. I have Labradors and a Dane/Hound mix. The Labradors weigh about 60 pounds, and the Dane mix weighs about 85 pounds.
What did your dog think of this dog treat recipe?
Any tweaks you made to your recipe that you’d like to share? Leave a comment below, we’d love to hear from you.