It’s a dog owner’s nightmare: your pet goes missing.
The Fourth of July festivities are around the corner. People are out and about with their dogs hiking. Some of us take our dogs on vacation.
Do you know what to do if your dog gets lost?
The folks at ASPCA have created a must-have app for dog owners. This free app shows you exactly what to do when your goes missing. It also allows you to store vital medical records, and provides information on making life-saving decisions during natural disasters.
By downloading the app, you can also:
- receive a personalized missing pet recovery kit, including step-by-step instructions on how to search for a lost animal in a variety of circumstances. This kit was developed by ASPCA pet care experts and based on the latest field research.
- Build a lost pet digital flyer that can be shared instantly on your social media channels.
- Access critical advice — even if there’s no data connectivity — on ensuring your pet’s safety before, during, and after a major storm or disaster.
- Store and manage your pet’s health records.
- Get the latest and most relevant news about pets and animal welfare.
It’s available for free download on iPhone and Android. I’ve already downloaded it on my iPhone and like what I see so far.
Have you ever had a missing dog scare? How did you find your dog?
We’re giving away a free summer pet safety kit, courtesy of ASPCA, to a randomly selected commenter. Please leave a comment below by June 30 to be eligible for the free kit!
Mary Mech says
Thanks Laurie! It’s so important to prepare ahead when you can think clearly, and then pray you never have to go through the experience. Last summer my chihuahua slipped out the door when he saw the neighbors dog. Fortunately he only wanted to play and I was able to quickly retrieve him. I won’t forget the panicked feeling I experienced, even though he wasn’t lost! Needless to say the “wait” cue at all doorways has been a training priority.