'Tis the season to be thankful. Tomorrow's the last day before all the insanity begins: the shopping, the wrapping, the parties, the travel, the stress.
So in the lull of Thanksgiving eve, I wanted to pause and remember all the good stuff, the things I sometimes call simple pleasures:
* The warmth and tickles from a dog sniffing my ear
* Waking up to a dog's head on my chest
* Wagging butts that greet me every time I come home – whether I've been gone all weekend or just went to the mailbox
* Old friends (Rocky, the 1st service dog we raised is here for a visit!)
* A husband who not only tolerates, but enjoys the dogs as much as I do
* The special communication the dogs and I have developed – we grunt, we sigh, we whine. And each of us knows what the other means.
* The unbridled look of joy when they're playing
* Doggie dreams – they run, they bark, they howl!
* The teamwork and cooperation I've developed with my dogs – we have FUN together!
* Friendship – there's no better friend than a dog.
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone and everydog. Woofs to you all.
Love you and many blessings to you all.