Teddy's been in residence just about two weeks. And what a two weeks it's been! He's learned SO much! Some of the more important lessons:
- It's not polite to barge into the water dish when another dog is drinking.
- It's equally impolite to look and and/or taste another dog's food. This offense is punishable by snarling!
- Running fast on the leash always results in "clotheslining" and it's a smart idea to stay close to your walker. (Note: The person holding the leash walks at a steady pace. If Teddy goes too fast, he winds up clotheslining himself – the leash is not jerked or pulled by the person!!)
- Water is good for drinking and for cooling off.
- Food always shows up in the crate. Therefore the crate is GREAT!
- Sitting usually results in good stuff: petting, throwing the ball, opening the door, opening the crate, etc.
- Jumping always makes good stuff go away!
- Big dogs play with little dogs, and it can be a little scary + exhilarating all at the same time!
- Naps are good.
- This clicker-thing is FABULOUS! I want to hear it more, more, more!!
Leave a Reply